UQ and Duchesne College Music Achievement Bursary
The number of scholarships to be awarded each year (maximum of three) will be determined by the Head, School of Music in consultation with the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic), UQ, and the Head of College, Duchesne College. A student may apply for a second or subsequent year. Applications are to be submitted through UQ. For further information:
Applications may be made by any student who meets the criteria outlined below and who is enrolled in a full-time undergraduate university degree and has made an application for a place at Duchesne College. Holders of other awards or scholarships are eligible to apply for this Scholarship. The eligibility factors are:
a. The student is enrolled in
i. The Bachelor of Music program;
ii. The Bachelor of Music (Honours);
iii. The Diploma in Music; or
iv. A program that includes a music course in each semester for the year ("Music course" means a course which has a course code commence with 'MUSC'.)
b. The student has experienced a “hard” pathway to gaining university entry. This may be as a result of medical, financial or other family circumstances.
c. The applicant is an Australian or permanent resident or NZ citizen.
Awarded on merit and need, based on:
• The student's academic achievement in their secondary studies or tertiary studies to date;
• The student's musical ability and achievements to date as a musician;
• If enrolled in the performance specialisation of the Bachelor of Music or the Graduate Diploma in Music, the student’s performance in their audition for enrolment in the program;
• The student's ability to engage as a resident of Duchesne College in the Duchesne College community;
• The student’s personal qualities, including leadership ability and potential; and
• Any other matter that the selection committee considers to be relevant to the student's future success in their chosen field of music study.
The Award is tenable for one year and is to the value of $6000, granted as a remission of the College annual fee, half the amount of which will be applied at the commencement of each academic semester.
Duchesne College Foundation was established in 2013 to achieve a range of objectives. Provide financial assistance through scholarships and bursaries to students, development and improve the…Read more
The alumnae organise many events each year, from business and networking through to Social Gatherings. If you would like to attend and event or see what’s coming up, click below. We’d love to see you there!…Read more
Service and Mission
To live the Goals of Sacred Heart Education, Mission and Service are key elements of College life and all students are encouraged to participate in this area. Each year, the Service Convenor…Read more