Duchesne College caters primarily to undergraduate students, accommodating 212 students at capacity. The College focuses on providing opportunities for personal development and academic success in an atmosphere of wise freedom, according to the fifth goal of the charism of the Sisters of the Society of the Sisters of the Sacred Heart.
Duchesne College differs from other Colleges in that we are
- Values Driven
- Feminine Focused
- We are small, unique and bespoke
- A Staff who are gender equitable and intergenerational
- Globally Connected through the Society of the Sisters of the Sacred Heart
Residential & Pastoral support includes:Resident Assistants are rostered on for duty to provide additional support after hours.
- A comprehensive tutorial programme which provides academic support for most courses undertaken at UQ and QUT.
- There is an Associate Programme for students who wish to participate in an active social campus life and take advantage of the Academic support provided.
- Progress interviews with a member of Senior Administration team.
- A secure environment through individual fob entry, night porters and external security guards.
- Security guard on duty overnight.
- Security bus runs at night.
Whilst Duchesne does not select our students primarily on the basis of their academic achievements at school, we are proud of the high academic standards achieved at University. The College average GPA is approximately 5.3, well in excess of the University average.
Service and Mission
To live the Goals of Sacred Heart Education, Mission and Service play a large part in College Life and all students are expected to participate in this area.
Residence in College offers many opportunities for the development of leadership skills. Many of our students have held significant leadership roles at school and all are encouraged to play a full and active part in the College community.