Duchesne College caters primarily to undergraduate students, accommodating 212 students at capacity. The College focuses on providing opportunities for personal development and academic success in an atmosphere of wise freedom, according to the fifth goal of the charism of the Sisters of the Society of the Sisters of the Sacred Heart.
Duchesne College differs from other Colleges in that we are
- Values Driven
- Feminine Focused
- We are small, unique and bespoke
- A Staff who are gender equitable and intergenerational
- Globally Connected through the Society of the Sisters of the Sacred Heart
Residential & Pastoral support includes:
- Resident Assistants (senior students) provide additional support after hours. These are paid positions and all RAs go through a rigorous selection process.
- A comprehensive tutorial programme which provides academic support for most courses undertaken at UQ and QUT.
- There is an Associate Programme for students who wish to participate in an active social campus life and take advantage of the Academic support provided.
- Progress interviews with a member of Senior Administration team.
- A secure environment through individual fob entry, night porters and external security guards.
- Security guard on duty overnight.
- Security bus runs at night.
Duchesne College Foundation was established in 2013 to achieve a range of objectives. Provide financial assistance through scholarships and bursaries to students, development and improve the…Read more
The alumnae organise many events each year, from business and networking through to Social Gatherings. If you would like to attend and event or see what’s coming up, click below. We’d love to see you there!…Read more
Service and Mission
To live the Goals of Sacred Heart Education, Mission and Service are key elements of College life and all students are encouraged to participate in this area. Each year, the Service Convenor…Read more