How to Apply
Applications for 2020 are now open. On time applications are due by Sept 30.
Your application to live at Duchesne College is just a matter of following a few simple steps
- Click on the UQ Residential Colleges Application Portal button below to complete the first stage of your application.
- You will receive an email from our Registrar with instructions on how to complete the final stage of your application.
- Print off two copies of the Applicant's Referee Form (PDF below). Forward one copy to each of your referees. Please note that at least one referee must be the Principal or Vice Principal at your school. The remaining referee should be someone who has known you for at least two years, a teacher or family friend, for example, but not a family member. These forms should be completed by your referees and returned by them to Duchesne College. *Don't wait for the references to be sent - keep going with your application and submit it to Duchesne College when you have finished it.*
- An interview will be arranged as part of your application process.
- You will be required to pay $110.00 application fee - this can be done by Direct Debit, Cheque or Credit Card. For applications on the waitlist, we will only ask for this to be paid if a place opens up and we can finalise the application process.
Students and their families are warmly invited to visit Duchesne College throughout the year where they will be given a guided tour of the College. An interview with the Head of College or Deputy Head can be conducted at that time. Families are also invited to tour Duchesne College on UQ Open Day.
Duchesne College Admissions Policy
In our application processes, the College looks for applicants who can, and are willing, to contribute to College in varying ways. We normally have 80-90 places available each year for first year students. Students intending to have a Gap year are encouraged to apply to College when in Grade 12 to secure their place.
The most important selection criteria are outlined below:
As a Catholic female college, Duchesne primarily wishes to recruit young women:
- Attending Catholic schools in regional Queensland and northern NSW or from Catholic families
- In sympathy with the Catholic ethos of the College
- Willing to contribute to the wide range of activities on offer
- Enrolling in a full-time degree course at UQ, QUT, Griffith or ACU.
- Since our foundation in 1937, we have developed a tradition of family members attending Duchesne and we strongly promote this.
- Approximately 10% of places will be reserved for overseas students in sympathy with the ethos of the College.
- Duchesne College offers a number of scholarships to assist students who would not be able to attend College without financial support.
- The universities, including UQ and QUT, also offer many scholarships to support students in their studies.
- The College prefers that all applications are submitted by the end of September, although students are recommended to apply as soon as possible.
If you have any queries regarding your application, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Mission and Values
We aspire to be an inclusive Catholic women’s college in the tradition of the Society of the Sacred Heart. The Goals of Sacred Heart Education form the framework within which we seek to develop our core values.…Read more
Duchesne College was founded through the inspiration and at the direct wish of His Grace Archbishop Duhig, in March, 1937, to provide a safe and welcoming home for young Catholic women from rural…Read more
Residence in College offers many opportunities for the development of leadership skills. Many of our students have held significant leadership roles at school and all are encouraged to play a full and active part…Read more