We are now welcoming applications for 2022. To secure a place at Duchesne College, early application is advised. Applications are accepted at any time throughout the year, and places are subject to availability.
- Click on ‘Apply to Duchesne College’
- Complete the online application form, including submission of two references, and the application fee payment of $110.
- Attend a personal interview ( face to face or via video call) with the head of College or their delegate
- Receive an offer to live at Duchesne College
- If you have applied to Duchesne College prior to receiving your university offer or confirmation of enrolment, you may receive a conditional offer of residency
- Accept your offer to live at Duchesne College
Need assistance? Email Julia Sambell, Director of Admissions and Residential Life or call (07) 3377 2333.
Applications are welcome throughout the year and we normally offer 80 to 90 places to first year residents, and up to 50 places for associate members. The majority of our residents enrol from rural and regional Queensland high schools, however we also have a number of residents from each state and territory of Australia and overseas.
We have a strong history, for over 80 years, of welcoming residents and associate members whose siblings, mothers, and other family members are alumnae of the College and encourage their applications.
As a welcoming and inclusive female residential college located within The University of Queensland campus, Duchesne College seeks residents and associate members who;
- are studying at or intend to study at a Brisbane based university,
- are in sympathy with the mission, values and philosophy of the Society of the Sacred Heart, and
- are willing to contribute socially, culturally, spiritually and academically to the life of the College.
Duchesne College has a long tradition of supporting residents of diverse backgrounds and is committed to providing access to young women who otherwise might not be able to reside at Duchesne College while studying at a Brisbane based university. Duchesne College is committed to maintaining a bursary program to support residents, and their families, for whom there is a reduced capacity to pay for College fees.
If you have any queries regarding your application, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Mission and Values
We aspire to be an inclusive Catholic women’s college in the tradition of the Society of the Sacred Heart. The Goals of Sacred Heart Education form the framework within which we seek to develop our core values.…Read more
Duchesne College was founded through the inspiration and at the direct wish of His Grace Archbishop Duhig, in March, 1937, to provide a safe and welcoming home for young Catholic women from rural…Read more
Residence in College offers many opportunities for the development of leadership skills. Many of our students have held significant leadership roles at school and all are encouraged to play a full and active part…Read more