How to Apply
Your application to live at Duchesne College is just a matter of following a few simple steps:
1. Click on the link below to the UQ Residential Colleges Application portal. To start this process you need to register to obtain a pin number. Once your pin number has been generated, you can re-log onto the Portal and complete your Application.
2. Print off two copies of the Applicant's Referee Form. Forward one copy to each of your referees. Please note that at least one referee must be the Principal or Vice Principal at your school. The remaining referee should be someone who has known you for at least two years, a teacher or family friend, for example, but not a family member. These forms should be completed by your referees and returned by them to Duchesne College. (To speed up the process you may wish to direct your referees to our website in order to download and complete the reference forms).
3. An interview with the Head of College or Deputy Head will be arranged as part of your application process.
4. You will be required to pay $110.00 application fee - this can be done by Direct Debit, Cheque or Credit Card.
Students are advised to take great care with the completion of the Application and Interview Forms in order to give themselves the best possible chance of success. Students and their families are warmly invited to visit Duchesne College throughout the year where they will be given a guided tour of the College. An interview with the Head of College or Deputy Head can be conducted at that time. Families are also invited to tour Duchesne College on UQ Open Day.
Duchesne College Admissions Policy
In our application processes, the College looks for applicants who can, and are willing, to contribute to College in varying ways. We normally have 80-90 places available each year for first year students. Students intending to have a Gap year are encouraged to apply to College when in Grade 12 to secure their place.
The most important selection criteria are outlined below:
As a Catholic female college, Duchesne primarily wishes to recruit young women:
- Attending Catholic schools in regional Queensland and northern NSW or from Catholic families
- In sympathy with the Catholic ethos of the College
- Willing to contribute to the wide range of activities on offer
- Enrolling on a full time degree course at UQ or QUT.
- In addition:
- Since our foundation in 1937, we have developed a tradition of family members attending Duchesne and we strongly promote this.
- Approximately 10% of places will be reserved for overseas students in sympathy with the ethos of the College.
- Duchesne College offers a number of scholarships to assist students who would not be able to attend College without financial support.
- The universities, including UQ and QUT, also offer many scholarships to support students in their studies.
- The College prefers that all applications are submitted by the end of September, although students are recommended to apply as soon as possible.
- Provisional offers will be made in October with a second round of offers in January when QTAC offers are made.
If you have any queries regarding your application, please don't hesitate to contact us.
UQ Residential Colleges Application portal: http://portal.citg.uq.edu.au/StarRezPortalCITG
Applicant Referee Form (140 KB)
How to Apply
Applications to Duchesne College are now open and are easy to do. Simply Download and complete the Application form along with the Application Interview form and mail them into the College.
Scholarships and Bursaries
Duchesne College seeks to nurture each of its students, in the tradition of Madeleine Sophie Barat. Acknowledging and celebrating ‘achievement’, in its widest sense, plays an important part in this.
The College boasts many facilities and services to our students, including a Learning Lounge, Wi-fi availability in common areas, 2 large common rooms, fully equipped Gym and over 200 single study bedrooms.