Associate Membership Program
Duchesne College Associate Members live outside the College but can call Duchesne ‘home’ while at university and enjoy all the benefits of College life. Associate Members begin their university experience like every other first year student or ‘fresher’. During O-Week (Orientation Week), Associates ‘live in’ for the entire week, becoming fully immersed in the culture and life at Duchesne.
To apply for Associate Membership at Duchesne College download and complete the application form.
Associate Membership Program 2018 (683 KB)
Benefits to Associate Members
- Social connections to other colleges on campus – great for students who are commuting, are new to Brisbane or living in accommodation where meeting like-minded women is difficult.
- Access to all Duchesne’s facilities including the dining hall, common rooms and a fully equipped gym.
- Peer support through an assigned Resident Assistant (a senior student familiar with life at Duchesne), as part of a wider pastoral care program.
- Access to the Duchesne College Learning Lounge and music practice rooms.
- Wellness and Creative programs to support wellbeing.
- Formal dinners – a highly valued Duchesne tradition and the ideal place to make lasting friendships and meet inspiring guest speakers, while enjoying a special meal.
- Academic support provided in weekly tutorials, facilitated access to University programs, including individual coaching on study and time management skills, and mentoring from fellow students.
- Associate Members are often the first to be offered places at Duchesne should they become available throughout the academic year.
- All weekday lunches during the academic year are included. Additional meal cards for breakfasts, dinners or weekend meals can be purchased from reception for $10 per meal.
Please note: Associate Members cannot participate in the ICC Sporting and Cultural competitions, but they are able to support all sports and attend ICC social events and participate in social sporting activities. Associates are also welcome to involve themselves in the extensive range of community service activities eg St Vincent de Paul committee, "Do it in a Dress" campaign etc.
|O-Week Residential Fee||$575|
Please forward your application with payment to:
Post: Registrar, Duchesne College, College Road St Lucia QLD 4067
Or emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mission and Values
We aspire to be an inclusive Catholic women’s college in the tradition of the Society of the Sacred Heart. The Goals of Sacred Heart Education form the framework within which we seek to develop our core values.…Read more
Duchesne College was founded through the inspiration and at the direct wish of His Grace Archbishop Duhig, in March, 1937, to provide a safe and welcoming home for young Catholic women from rural…Read more
Residence in College offers many opportunities for the development of leadership skills. Many of our students have held significant leadership roles at school and all are encouraged to play a full and active part…Read more